1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups flour
1/2 (12-oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour.
4. Add to creamed mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-9 minutes.
7. Let sit 2 minutes on pan before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Is This My Real Life.