move, recap, run, yoga

Move Weekly Recap 2/22-2/28

March 2, 2015

454342166

2/22 Sunday: Evening Yoga at the YMCA
2/23 Monday: 5.3 miles track (4 mi + strides)
2/24 Tuesday: off
2/25 Wednesday: 6 miles (slow/fast)
2/26 Thursday: off
2/27 Friday: off
2/28 Saturday: 3.1 miles track

This was a very off week for me! I got assumed food poisoning on Friday and had to move my Friday and Saturday runs over a day. It is such an out of control feeling when you are sick or injured and have to complete a run for a training plan. I completed my long run yesterday, on Sunday, and then also did my Monday run today. So, I’m a little wiped out!

Thankfully, I am in good shape to handle these adjustments here and there so I try not to let it bother me too much. Especially, when there is nothing I could do.

I was even a little tiresome on Wednesday’s run which looked like this:

1 mile slow
4 miles fast
1 mile slow

I think the run would feel a little easier if the the fast portion was 3 miles. However, 4 miles fast took some effort. Pretty sure none of the training runs are supposed to feel particularly easy. The 4 milers on Fridays, before the Saturday long run, are easy but I usually have dread looming over me for the long run! Plus, those Friday 4 milers are going to start adding miles as well in the coming weeks.

Well, that was a gloomy post, wasn’t it? For those of you Spring marathon training: are you starting to feel the extra miles wear you out a bit, yet?

Happy moving and have a great week!

Past move recaps:
Move Weekly Recap 2/15-2/21
Move Weekly Recap 2/8-2/14
Move Weekly Recap 2/1-2/7

You Might Also Like

16 Comments

• Reply Mindi @ Build Your Dream Body March 3, 2015 at 11:00 am

I hope you’re feeling better, food poisoning is no joke. Great job on your runs! I’m not training for a marathon but you inspire me to run. Are you registered for a marathon? If so, which one?

• Reply Ashley @ A Lady Goes West March 3, 2015 at 3:34 pm

That’s too bad about getting sick, but you were smart to push your runs back. Nice job on fitting in some yoga too! Hope all is well with you now, MaryBeth! 🙂

• Reply Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie March 3, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Oh man, sorry about the food poisoning – that is the worst! But otherwise, it looks like you had a solid training week!

• Reply Julie @ Running in a Skirt March 3, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Oh no! Food poisoning can totally zap you. Glad you were able to rebound so quickly.

• Reply Jill @ Champage for Everyday March 4, 2015 at 8:35 am

I hear you girl, there is nothing worse for me than getting sidelined from the gym because of sickness. It drives me nuts, and always happens when I need to be working out the most (after a weekend at home!).\

xo Jill
    Effortless Chic – Date Night with Kora Rae

• Reply Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes March 5, 2015 at 5:41 am

I’m training for my first ever spring marathon. I’ve always done a fall marathon. It’s been tough with the winter and most of my runs on the treadmill! I was sidelined for the first 6 weeks of training from being sick with flu, pneumonia, bronchitis. Not fun at all. Hope you are feeling better!

• Reply MaryBeth at The Thrive Blog March 5, 2015 at 9:16 am

I can’t even imagine being out 6 WEEKS! I’m glad you didn’t let your sickness keep you from doing your first SPRING marathon!
      Looking forward to keeping up with you!

• Reply Laura Hager March 6, 2015 at 10:53 am

This is so inspiring! I definitely need to get into a workout routine, so this is a great idea.

• Reply MaryBeth at The Thrive Blog March 6, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Thank you, Laura! I have never been on a real training plan before & it has made getting out so much easier on the brain!

• Reply Lauren March 9, 2015 at 9:34 am

I hope you are feeling better, food poisoning is the worst. I love that you are wearing a pebble! My husband and I are currently sharing a pebble, and love that it syncs with Endomondo. Technology is so cool and the new one looks amazing.

• Reply MaryBeth at The Thrive Blog March 9, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Thank you, Lauren! Yes, I love the pebble syncs with RunKeeper (comparable to Endomondo). It is amazing the things we can track at the touch of our wrist!